Today we’re joined by investment expert Andy Christopher, a Naval Academy graduate and F-35 Contract Instructor Pilot, and Sunil Wahal, a Professor at Arizona State University and Consultant to Avantis Investors. Together, they shed light on the intricacies of investing, emphasizing its profound connection to life itself, and the importance of self-awareness, helping you calibrate your risk tolerance and assess potential risks in your investment portfolio.
Listen in as we discuss the critical aspect of diversification, particularly relevant for pilots, highlighting the lessons learned during the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. You will learn the art of asset allocation and its alignment with your future consumption plans, steering you toward smart investment decisions.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How to think about investing more holistically.
- The importance of diversifying your portfolio.
- Why you need to assess your risks in investments.
- How to approach asset allocation.
- Why re-balancing your portfolio is key.
- Where private equity fits in.
- Why index funds may be misunderstood.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “Save today to consume something in the future. That is how investing works.” – Sunil Wahal
- “Re-balancing makes a big difference to investors’ portfolios. It is one of the most valuable things financial advisors do for their clients—it helps them so much. Done thoughtfully, it can help on the tax side as well. ” – Sunil Wahal
- “The best way to think about private equity is to think about what risk you are taking.” – Sunil Wahal
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Share The Love:
If you like The Pilot Money Guys podcast …